Monday, March 30, 2009

We wish it were summer in Arkansas...

It has been a while since my last update - I apologize I am just not as current with posting as I would like to be ...yadda yadda. I just don't do winter and this time of year I am so ready for summer. Anyway, we just got back from Naples and we really had some fun. My mom, aunt Ann, Melissa, Mary Margaret, the boys and I went out the weekend of Fayetteville Spring Break - then my aunt and cousins left and Zak joined us for Springdale's spring break - needless to say that I, poor thing, was at the beach for 2 weeks! But yes with 2 babies and very little routine, it was a bit tiring! I think I will just post in bullet form for my summary...

*On my run, I saw a man taking a bird for a walk....weird and a first for me I admit. The man said the bird loves it.

*Cleaned out the storage room at the beach house in my swimsuit and barefeet to discover a 3 foot long black snake under a dust pan. Yes, a live snake! I totally freaked, said many bad words, did an Olympic high jump several times, chased down a yard man to help us, but on a positive note - my heart is in great condition and my ticker successfully passed a stress test!

* We rented a bike with a trailor for Cooper. Loved it and now I want one for Mother's Day.

*Went on several brief kayak floats in the ocean...

*Cooper swam without his bubble! Treads water like a champ! But we must work on swimming under the water soon.

*Successfully ate at a white table cloth restaurant with Cooper and Tyler. Really pretty ridiculous but it went remarkably well and it wasn't La Hacienda...

*Zak got a few stares when he took Sophie out to potty and Cooper pulled down his pants and went too! Ya know, We are Arkansans!

*Enjoyed some quality time with friends from New Jersey and Tennessee that live down there.

*Cooper was fascinated with Mr. Wizard aka Lizard. They are everywhere!

*Zak, Cooper and I went and saw Playhouse Disney Live. Totally convinced the cotton candy is a marketing ploy...$10

* We all avoided sunburns!

*Tyler's hair is coming in white!


Tyler drying off after a big swim!


Tyler floating...this is the life


MM loved that pink car!


Yes, we got a pic with the bird...an African Grey


MM and Ty


Playhouse Disney....


Going for a ride!


White tablecloth and DVD


The Clarks 09...


The good thing about #2 - they are easily entertained


ocean fun


Nana and Tyler watching the sunset


How Tyler spent a lot of time

6 comments:

Bella Jack's Children's Boutique said...

So jealous of your trip! Looks like yall had so much fun! The boys are getting so big and so cute! Hope you are doing well!

Taylor said...

I was laughing so hard reading this post, and I even heard some of the stories from you today!! You left out the snake part! And Cooper's comment about church! haha! Love the pictures, Tyler is getting so big! Your boys are cuties! The beach looked amazing, too!!

Kerry said...

Sarah, I cracked up reading about the black snake...I would have fainted. Tyler is looking like a Lindsey for sure and quite adorable. Love the family pic. So glad ya'll had a great time. Summer will be here before you know it. I am so ready!

Daniel, Laura and Noah said...

You're right!! He's Tyler is getting so big!!! Have you compared your baby pics with his? Oh man, I think I would have died seeing that snake. Way to be tough, sort of. I posted a few new pics for you on the blog today. More to come this week!
Love ya

The Bertram's said...

In regards to the DVD player at the nice restaurant - GENIUS, I never thought of that! Oh my gosh I have missed out on so many potential nice, enjoyable dinners! Keep your parenting tips coming!
Devin

Katie Runnels said...

love these! i love thinking about you hurdling from the snake...way to go!
Such fun times...you guys all look so great! Tyler is so adorable...wishing I could hold him and smell his baby smell! xoxox