Friday, December 12, 2008

The Holiday Hustle...

Well here I am trying to blog after so terribly long... i know i just haven't been able to get to it. As I approach Christmas, i must admit i am feeling a little overwhelmed. I consider my personality somewhat "over responsible" and tend to often bite off more than I can handle. I am sitting here right now because Tyler is asleep and Cooper tried to go down for a nap but was screaming "mom, i throwed..." over and over. I went in and YES he had thrown up! Oh, Life with little ones. And I was hoping for a shower, but that window is gone! Cooper is now watching Mickey Mouse in the kitchen ...on the floor with a large - just in case - bowl. He seems fine, so I don't know? I have to say now I am truly Lynette (from Desperate) not only will Zak come home and I haven't had a shower yet, but now I smell a little sour! Oh well - In Europe they don't bathe that often!!!

Well around here we have just been on cruise control...trying to catch what sleep we can each night. And we never really know how that is going to go? We are also in the midst of the Holidays and every year I say I am going to stay home more and chill but that's just not possible I guess! We somehow end up trying to please everyone and do it all. We spent Thanksgiving in Rogers with Zak's moms extended fam, then on Sunday Zak's family had a reunion with even more family. Then this last Sunday, my mom's extended Vanhook clan got together here in Fayetteville and it was wild with a ton of kids everywhere. And this coming weekend, we are going to Conway for Cody's graduation and then on to Forrest City for my dad's extended Lindsey family Xmas party. As of now next weekend (the last one before xmas) looks like we will be HOME. I do love staying home. I used to always be such a go go go gal but with kids and all that entails, life just runs smoother if we stay home. Zak gets out of school on the 19th and I am really looking forward to him being off and home for 2 weeks so our family can spend some much needed QT together. We are hoping to get to Naples after Christmas. The weather is great down there this time of year - 75 degrees and sunny! Ohhhhh that sounds great! Here are a few pics from the last month or so....

yum chocolate icing!!!



"An F mom" Sometimes we eat our vegetables, sometimes we don't!


the Vanhook kids last Sunday.... should be 15!

another...


Some of our favorite super heroes!
Thomas, Drake, Link, and Libby


Cooper



Zak's fantasy dude friends at a recent get together! Still looking good boys!

3 comments:

Daniel, Laura and Noah said...

Sarah! Those were great pictures - I loved the chocolate icing! Tell sweet Cooper that I said hello. Do you guys have a web cam yet that we could talk skype soon? I'll let you know when we get it set up in our new apartment - wherever that may be. Miss you!!!!

Kerry said...

SO good to have an update! Cooper is too cute...I am with him...let's make letters out of veggies we don't want to eat :)The icing picture is my favorite...my kind of guy! I also had to laugh at the picture of all the guys with Zak...facial hair is in! I can't tell in the picture but it doesn't look like he has jumped on that bandwagon!

Taylor said...

Sarah, you are doing so good juggling two little tinies! I am very impressed and will be asking for help often when we get prego again. Hope you guys have a great holiday!