Wednesday, January 28, 2009
A STATE OF EMERGENCY
hey everyone we have got a little charge on our laptop so I am able to make a quick post. The weather in northwest arkansas is the worst I have ever seen. My parents have been here since college and can't believe it. The ice storm has ruined everything - every tree. They say 2/3 of the area is without power. the trees have been leveled. My best description is Narnia - the movie. It is a winter storm beyond belief. The ice is almost 2 inches thick on the trees and power lines. Our house is holding up. We have a gas fireplace and are able to shut off the perimeter doors and do ok. We also have hot water! I couldn't sleep last night just thinking of all the people out there that have nothing!!! It is so sad. No heat, no milk, and are going hungry. Even the Walmart was closed for a while. Tomorrow the temperature is supposed to get above freezing so we all have high hopes to say the least! ok I hope to be back soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Goodness..I'm thinking of everyone back home.. Hopefully a little warm air will come that way!
Post a Comment