Friday, April 24, 2009

IF THE BOOT FITS!

Ok well Cooper has officially learned to sass - I hate to say it because my disrespectful tooty pooty nickname as I am known to my brothers and nephews and nieces is Sassy - but please read on...my 2 year old get's it! Let me start by making a small disclaimer (Ha) - my darling son started talking very early and was saying words like baseball very clearly at 9 months - his language development is certainly very ahead of the game - and at this point I am afraid it has caught up to us and his mental ability to sass has arrived! On several occasions he has referred to Zak as a "yes maam" and not by mistake I add because it is shortly followed by a quick run in the opposite direction. He sometimes says "sir" to me but that certainly doesn't have the power that "maam" does to Zak. Well the other day, Cooper was in the bathtub - - the 2nd by 2 pm - - - and he kept dumping water into the floor on the tile. I went in, put a towel down, and told him sternly that if he did it again he was getting out...I then turned away and heard in a voice of distinction "IF THE BOOOOOT FITSSS!!" I, with a small smile and no words, just looked back at him and then walked away! AH GEEZ...I am just not sure? was that funny? is this where it all begins? do I draw attention to it? I mean I love Toy Story and I don't want to stop watching it! SO I just decided to swallow it as a "little funny", document it, and move on... But rest assured I now really know my 2 year old "get's it"!

Woody at the bank seeing cousin Adam!



Tyler playing with a dinosaur in his chair!

5 comments:

Joanna said...

LOL Sarah such a funny story, I can just picture you telling it! Cute pictures as well.

MNorvell said...

I love it! That is so funny. They are both such cuties!

Kerry said...

haha! Very funny :)

Kay Wyne said...

Sweet little Tyler is the cutest!!! Lindsay and I look at his pics all the time. My favorite is the one of him floating in the round tube. He is such a cute little guy. May I have your permission to paint Tyler? I would need to use use a photograph for reference...just let me know!!! Artfully yours, Kay Wyne

Kay Wyne said...

I have my pic all picked out...the one of Tyler floating in the tube with a hat on. You don't have one picture of him that isn't good...but I love that pic. Of course, I will paint it when the mood strikes!!!! Don't know when, but as long as I have your permission to use your photo, I will put it on my list!!! Thanks. Kay