Sunday, September 28, 2008

Bumps, Bruises, Ballgames, & Don't forget Bikes, Blues, and BBQ





Oh my goodness - how thankful we are for 2 eyes!! Last week, sweet Cooper had a collision in the street with our niece Libby - it involved a four wheeler and a lot of blood! It was awful - I nearly fainted and Uncle JD came to the rescue - scooped Cooper from my arms and took him inside his house. It was certainly only because of God that our sitter showed up all at the same time. Kenlie rushed us to the ER - where, covered in blood, we got right in. And let me say - we have the best sitter in the world. I got in the back of the car with Cooper while Kenlie grabbed my purse, drove the car, called Zak to meet us... and somehow neither of us said a word! Amazing!! The ER Doctor and nurses where awesome too. After a good exam, some morphine, a CT scan and some stitches on Cooper's eyelid - we had survived. Oh and for all of you who know my son well - the morphine was supposed to calm him down - but NO he became the busiest happy child you could ever imagine (Adverse reaction - just like his momma). The Dr said the split was deep and wouldn't have healed on it's own. It really looked like Cooper had 2 openings on that eye (1 normal and another opening on the lid). I think the hardest part was when they put him under conscious sedation to sew up his eye. It definitely worked and he didn't feel a thing - just scary to see him OUT like that. He had a lot of trouble coming back to us too - but after several spouts of vomiting on Daddy - the nurses were able to get a good BP and Oxygen reading and sent us on home. I know there are a lot of worse things to live with or without in life - but we were counting our blessings for 2 eyes - Thank you Jesus!!!

Well our week went on and here are few other pics of some much happier moments! Cooper loves his cousin Link so we spoiled Cooper and let him take Link to the BB & BBQ parade. Link loved it, Cooper decided he didn't like the loud noise and clung to his Dad. Well, we only lasted about 45 minutes, grabbed a lemonade and left. It was so hot but funny to watch!! Link loved this little kid - so I took his picture!

6 comments:

MNorvell said...

Oh my gosh! That sounded so scary! I'm so glad everyone was around to help and that Cooper is OK now. How is he doing? Are you feeling uncomfortable?

Blaine said...

Sarah-Holy Cow! Poor Cooper! I hope he's doing better. The good thing about their age is that they bounce back so much easier than we do. I hope you are better, too.It's so hard to see your baby get hurt. Gillian broke her arm when she was a year and a half and it almost killed me to see her with her cast on. Are you getting close? Do you have a date set to have that baby? Jessica's wedding was beautiful and she was the calmest bride ever...if you can somehow imagine that. It was kind of freaking us out how chilled she was. Hope you are feeling o.k.

Blaine

The McBrides said...

Poor little man!!! So glad he is okay!

Kerry said...

Oh Sarah! Life with little boys...glad you had a lot of help getting you through the fiasco and major thanks Cooper's eyes are ok!

RachelM said...

Poor Cooper! I can't imagine how bad you were freaking out!! I'm so glad to hear everything's ok, though.

The Bertram's said...

Wow - Praise Jesus everybody ended up being okay!!I was in a panic just reading your blog entry. Poor little guy, that was just crazy. Also praise the Lord for Kenlie.
I hope everything else is going good. I can across your blog from Rachel Miller McCoys. All your pictures are so cute. I enjoyed looking at them.
Devin